This post contains quite a bit of info all packed into one, but here’s the gist if you’re in the TL;DR (too long; didn’t read) camp:
- Pizza M is vacating Cafeteria & Company, located at 208 W. Main Street in Urbana; a space they share with Flying Machine Coffee and have existed since 2013
- 25 O’Clock Brewing Company is opening their own space at 208 W. Griggs Street, Suite 101 in Urbana
- Pizza M will exist in the space adjacent to 25 O’Clock Brewing on Griggs Street, which they are hoping to finish up by late March
Phew. OK, so, a lot to chew on there.
(For fun, check out this article on Pizza M, as well as Bar M.)
Thomas Sheehan is the owner and operator of 25 O’Clock Brewing, which is a recent beer company to pop up around C-U.
They currently have three beers: Pie Powder Pale Ale, 25001 Saison, and Lord Buckethead ESB. The next few they will have are a Belgian Pale Ale, and then a Belgian Dubbel. You can find their beer currently on tap at Pizza M, and they introduce a new beer every Saturday evening between 5-9 p.m. at Bar M. They’re also on tap at Black Dog.
While the date isn’t certain yet as to when this will happen, Pizza M will be moving their kitchen to the same building. Here’s the information, per Sheehan:
Pizza M will be moving their kitchen adjacent to us we will share our eastern entryway. They will operate as a carry out/delivery with delivery directly into our taproom. The taproom will have seating for 99 patrons inside, 48 on our South patio, and this summer we will extending outside seating along the eastern wall to add approximately 80 additional seats.
The taproom is located at Griggs, it is on the eastern most portion of the building. The northern room was to be a retail shop that got scapped for Pizza M. We will have a growler fill station at the brewery until then.* The public will be allowed to purchase growlers and samples from 4:00 pm – 9:00pm daily and we would be open to expanding those hours depending on demand.
I’d like to mention the contractors:
- HVAC – Ayers Repairs w/ Jim Myers
- Plumbing – Darby’s Plumbing
- Masonry – Hess Masonry
- Concrete – Northern Concrete
- Carpentry – Scott Hamilton
- Electrical – Davis Electric
- Consulting contractor – Gary Perkins Construction, Tim Edwards
- Architect – Andrew Fell w/ Tyler Harries
- Green Home Insulation
- Gire Roofing
Here are some photos of the current build out process, as provided by Sheehan:
Here’s how the space will lay out (right click and open the image in a new tab or window to zoom):
So there you have it — Pizza M is leaving Cafeteria & Company, and sharing a building with 25 O’Clock Brewing Company on Griggs just North of Downtown Urbana.
*Note: Sheehan has since mentioned that the growler station will not be complete yet, but probably available next week.