The Atlantic Cities released a list today of best places for new grads and Champaign-Urbana was their number four location.
The results were tabulated using eight variables:
- Unemployment rate, via the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Share of jobs in professional, technical, and creative occupations (BLS)
- Percent of adults with a BA and above, via the American Community Survey (ACS)
- Average salaries and wages for professional, technical, and creative occupations (BLS)
- Rental share of housing (ACS)
- Money left over after paying for housing (ACS)
- Share of adults that have never been married (ACS)
- Share of commuters who use public transit (ACS)
You can check out the article here.
It features a nice, but dated photo of Green St. RIP Record Service.