On this episode we welcome DJ Belly, one of C-U’s most well-known and well-respected DJs. DJ Belly (aka Kevin Miler) is probably best known for his dubstep work, which has brought him a large fan base and several out of town gigs. We talk to him about how he became a DJ, his music and his live performance. We also discuss
- What dubstep is and how it has changed.
- The evolution of the local dubstep and DJ scene.
- How labeling and genres only get you so far.
- How he builds his soundscapes.
- His thoughts on people’s disrepect for electronic music.
In addition, he plays two brand new songs for us. And if that’s not enough, you can get another brand new track here.
A reminder: You can subscribe to our podcasts on iTunes by searching for Smile Politely Radio in the iTunes store.
If you have suggestions, criticisms or would like to become a contributor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.